All-new Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R and ZX10RR unveiled, check details
KUALA LUMPUR: Good news for motorcycle enthusiasts, as Kawasaki has taken the cover off the all-new 2021 ZX10R and ZX10RR superbikes. Both the models benefit from several updates including a Euro5 compliant power plant. Let us now discuss the two Kawasaki models in detail.
2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & ZX10RR specs -
Powering the new ZX10R and ZX10RR is a 998cc liquid-cooled four-cylinder mill making a maximum power of 203 PS at 13,200 rpm and a peak torque of 115 Nm at 11,400 rpm. It features redesigned exhaust valves and titanium intake, valvetrain and intake ports, and finger-followers with Diamond-Like Carbon coating. The bike gets a quick-shifter and an electronic Ohlins steering damper.
On the suspension side, it gets a Showa Balance Free fork at the front and monoshock at the rear.
With revised chassis, the 2021 models feature 1 mm lowered swingarm pivot point and 8 mm longer swingarm - improving ZX10R’s cornering performance and handling. Further, the redesigned bodywork is known to reduce drag and enhance downforce. The new versions also benefit from LED headlamps and a taller windscreen.
- Traction control with five settings
- Launch control
- Cornering ABS
- Three power modes
- Bosch six-axis IMU
- Engine braking control
- Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS)
- Kawasaki Cornering Management Function (KCMF)
- 4.3-inch digital cluster with Rideology app support and Bluetooth connectivity
The ZX10R is offered in two colour options - KRT Edition in Lime Green/Ebony/Pearl Blizzard White and Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Matte Carbon Grey. The ZX10RR is offered in Lime Green tone only.
The 2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10RR is fit for those looking for an ultimate track weapon and with the new version on-board, the deal gets only better. The new model has been updated for enhanced performance and features following new additions -
- New intake and exhaust valve springs
- New and more aggressive camshafts
- New lightweight pistons
- New lightweight titanium parts by Panko High-Performance Parts
- Elimination of intake funnels for optimised airflow
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres
- New Marchesini forged wheels
For more such latest updates stay tuned with Zigwheels Malaysia.