Check out Rolls-Royce Ghost Extended version details
KUALA LUMPUR: Rolls-Royce recently revealed the all-new second-gen Ghost and now the luxurious sedan gets a new Extended version on-board. This new version brings additional space for the rear passengers, thus making the ride super comfy.
This new extended-wheelbase variant of the Ghost sedan will be a chauffeured sedan which as mentioned will provide more space and features mainly focused on the rear side of the car. The Extended version is expected to be a big hit in markets like China where LWB cars are in high demand.
In Rolls-Royce CEO Torsten Muller-Otvos words, “Ghost Extended answers this customer demand by creating a product that augments both their business and lifestyle requirements,”
Let's now dive into the details of the Ghost Extended version sedan
- It is based on the standard Ghost aluminium space frame architecture, only here it is a bit stretched
- Compared to the standard Ghost's wheelbase, i.e., 5,548 mm, the Extended version shows an increment of 170mm, bringing the total to 3,465 mm
- The designers have maintained the luxury-sedan 'minimalistic' styling approach, by only extending the body around the opening and rear door. This approach clocked the extra length and preserve the line on the sedan
- On the inside, the Extended version is blessed with several new features like built-in wi-fi and reclining 'serenity seats' that the automaker links to the ones found in business jet
- A new air-purification system called the Micro-Environment Purification System is equipped in the Ghost long-wheelbase version. Its impurity detection sensors detect cabin air quality and when needed automatically activates fresh air intakes
- In between the rear seats sits a champagne fridge that's been developed under the guidance of a master sommelier. It comes with two cooling modes, one each for vintage and non-vintage champagne
- Delivering the brand's hallmark 'Magic Carpet Ride' is the new Planar Suspension System which consists of electronically controlled shock absorbers, one of its kind upper wishbone damper, and a self-levelling high-volume air strut assemblies
The R-R Ghost Extended is powered by the Phantom's 6.75-litre twin-turbocharged motor that is tuned to deliver a maximum power of 517 PS at 5,000 rpm and a peak torque of 850 Nm at 1,600 rpm.
This powerplant is paired to a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission which helps the Extended version cover 0 to 100 kmph distance in 4.8-seconds.