Toyota Vellfire - All you need to know
The year 2019 seems to be an excellent one for the Malaysian auto market. Supporting our claim is the superb lineup of launches including some from the Japanese automaker Toyota. The automaker recently introduced the all-new Vellfire, the luxurious seven-seater MPV that packs power, looks, and features. In the Malaysian market, the 2019 Vellfire is one of the most expensive and hence feature loaded MPV, none of the other options stands even close to it.
Toyota has adopted a whole new look for the Vellfire, and it is not shared with any of the existing cars in its lineup. This makes the arrival of Vellfire all the more special, and also despite being an MPV, the car has dropped the boring, dull image that is usually attached to the segment.
Now, you can always check the car out at the company’s website, but those lengthy spec sheets only add to the trouble. Well, here we are at your rescue, just, scroll down and enjoy as we unfold the 2019 Toyota Vellfire.
Platform & dimensions
- The new Vellfire sits on Toyota’s new MC platform. The same setup supports the revised Lexus LM
- Compared to the previous-generation model, the new Vellfire is a bigger vehicle. The car now measures 4,935 mm in length, 1,600 mm in width, and 1,895 mm in height. The wheelbase measures 3,000 mm
- Courtesy to its bigger dimensions, the MPV now offers more cabin space, i.e., enhanced headroom and legroom
- One of the best parts about the new Vellfire is its striking modern design language. It’s unique, fresh, and gives the MPV a new vibe altogether
- The MPV features an aerodynamic body with a dynamic shoulder line, deeper curves and refined chrome accents
- The front now showcases a taller and broader nose. It is accompanied by a stylish new chrome grille, new automatic LED headlamps with sequential turn signal, appealing triangular fog lamp casing, and sporty looking bumper. The wiper at the front are automatic with rain sensor
- The side profile is decorated by multi-spoke alloy wheels, and power foldable outer rearview mirror with memory and signal lamp
- One utility-pron feature here is the door stoppers ensuring smooth egress and ingress movement
- The rear features heavily revised LED taillights with rear fog lamps. The tailgate spoiler comes integrated with LED high mount stop lamp
- The black color cabin gives a premium and plush feeling to the inside, plus the captain seats call for individual pampering with power recline and adjustable ottoman
- The Vellfire can accommodate seven people at once. Also, its seat flexibility function allows for nine different types of arrangement
- The cabin ceiling gets LED illumination, it comes in 16 dazzling options and exudes style and sophistication
- Adding to the cabin experience is the twin moonroof that is powered for convenience and of course safety
- Giving the car high-tech certification is the wireless charger
The MPV gets an automatic air-con system both at the from and rear
Comfort and convenience
- A DVD player with 7-inch capacitive touch screen infotainment system that supports smartphone connectivity, voice recognition, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, internet browsing, USB, and 8 speakers
10.2-inch roof mounted monitor display gives passengers intense experience
- Adding to driver’s convenience is a smart entry and smart system and multi-info display with 4.2 TFT
- Replacing the old model is a new and improved 2494cc inline 16V DOHC with Dual VVT- unit
- This mill produces a maximum power of 180 PS at 6,000 rpm and 235 Nm of torque at 4,100 rpm
- The 2019 Vellfire mill is paired with a Continuously Variable Transmission unit
Safety and security
- All-new Vellfire front bumper, bonnet, windscreen wiper, and other parts are designed to absorb impact in the event of an accident or collision. The body is designed in a way to protect the pedestrian from any head and leg injuries
- Standard safety features available on the MPV are - ABS with EBD and BA, seven airbags, immobilizer, ISOFIX anchors for the child seat, Vehicle Stability Control, brake hold, Blind Spot Monitor, Hill-start Assist Monitor, and parking sensor
- Burning Black CS. GF.
- White Pearl CS.
- Graphite Metallic
Toyota Veelfire price and variants
- Toyota Vellfire 2.5 - RM 362,000