BMW 7 Series facelift launched in Malaysia
The Malaysia-spec model is offered in a sole plug-in-hybrid trim, called the 745Le xDrive. However, it is to be noted that this variant is specific to the local market and will be badged as the 740Le to maintain its tax incentive breaks. Priced at RM 594,800, the all-new BMW 7 is available as a completely locally-assembled model.
Included in its price tag is BMW Roadside Assistance, BMW White Card with Loyalty+ Mobile App access, a five-year/unlimited mileage warranty with free scheduled service programme, BMW Service Online, and a two-year tyre warranty programme.
A B58B30 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo mill powers the car; it replaces the previous B48B20 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder unit. Alone this engine poops a maximum power of 286 PS at 5000 to 6000 rpm along with a peak torque of 450 Nm from 1500 to 3500 rpm. As for the electric motor paired with the engine, the power figures rest at 113 PS at 3170 rpm and 265 Nm from 2700 rpm.
The mill is tuned with an eight-speed Steptronic gearbox that offers direct drive. The engine and motor together along with the standard xDrive all-wheel Drive gets the overall output to 394 PS and 600 Nm. On the performance front, the 740e can touch the 100 kmph mark in 5.1 seconds and can hit 250 kmph of top speed.
The 740e gets the BMW signature kidney grille that is now 40 percent longer and aids the cars cooling and visual presence. At the front is also present sleek headlamps with BMW Laserlight technology and a large moniker. The Malaysian-spec model comes with the Design Pure Excellence package with a revised lower apron. The side gets upright Air Breathers, and 19-inch light alloy double-spoke Style 630 Bicolour wheels. The rear receives 35 mm slimmer 3D-effect taillights with BMW L-shaped lighting signature.
Cabin equipment on BMW 7 Series are -
- Four-zone climate control
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Fine-wood trim Poplar Grain Grey
- Sky Lounge panoramic glass roof
- Ambient lighting
- Electrically powered sunshades
- Rear-seat massage
- BMW Display Key
- 600 watt Harman Kardon sound system
- Rear entertainment system with two 10-inch display screens and tablet
Safety features include -
- Seven airbags (front, side, curtain and driver’s knee)
- Lane Departure Warning (operational from 70-210 km/h)
- Lane Change Warning (operational from 20 km/h to top speed)
- Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection
- Parking Assistant with Reversing Assistant.
- Driving Assistant Professional package with Rear Collision Prevention, active cruise control with stop and go function, Speed Limit Info, Collision and Pedestrian Warning with City Braking, and Cross Traffic Alert
The BMW plug-in hybrid variant is available in four exterior shades - Imperial Blue, Mineral White, Bernina Grey, and Black Sapphire. All these options can be paired with either Cognac or Black Nappa leather upholstery.